Ashley Hamer has been a staff writer at Curiosity.com since May 2016 and the managing editor since December 2017. In that time, she has written and edited many thousands of articles, audio scripts, and video scripts about science, history, world destinations, life hacks, and more.
Here is a small sample of her science writing. Curiosity.com was decommissioned in December 2019, so all Curiosity samples use archival links.
- Weird quantum objects known as Q balls could explain why we exist・Live Science, December 15, 2021
- Water’s ultimate freezing point just got lower・Live Science, December 10, 2021
- The Big Bang Wasn’t Actually the Beginning of the Universe ・Curiosity.com, September 9, 2019 ・PDF
- How Do People Sing in Tonal Languages If They Rely on Pitch?・Curiosity.com, August 1, 2019 ・PDF
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know Climate Change Could Do・Curiosity.com, November 14, 2018
- The Same Diet Has Been Named the Best One for 8 Years Straight・Curiosity.com, February 23, 2018
- The Hairy Ball Theorem Says There’s Always a Storm Brewing Somewhere・Curiosity.com, November 29, 2017
- The Better-Than-Average Effect Says Most People Think They’re Better Than Most People・Curiosity.com, April 13, 2017
For Ashley’s video scripts, head over to the video page.